23 January 2014

Power Salad Recipe…-Ish



I've developed an affinity for amalgamating different recipes and making something new. This power salad is one of those attempts, and I love it. Often I'll use other random vegetables I have on hand (for instance, cucumbers, shredded cabbage, etc.), but the ingredients below are my mainstay.

Funny that a person could actually crave salad, but there's so much good stuff in here I make a huge bowl at least once a week, enough to last for a few days. It's easy to make and leaves one feeling energized, healthy and (best of all) satisfied. I don't use ingredient proportions—whatever looks/tastes right is what I put in. It's different for everyone. Enjoy!

Ingredients

Spinach
Lettuce
Broccoli
Celery
Carrots (sliced or shredded)
Apples (I prefer Granny Smith)
Craisins (apple-juice sweetened are healthy and tasty!)
Feta cheese
Toasted nuts (Whole almonds are great!)
Toasted pumpkin seeds
Minced red onion

Dressing:

1 cup olive oil
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/3 cup agave
1 tsp. salt
1 T. dry mustard
1.5 T. poppy seeds

Directions

Not really needed. Just a couple tips. I toast the almonds and pumpkin seeds while I mix the other vegetables. I don't dress the entire salad, just what I'm eating every day; it lasts longer that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your musings!